| EPHRAIM ROBBINS (William12, Jehiel11, John10, Joshua9, Joshua8, John7, John6, Edmund5, Edmund Robyns4, John3, Richard2, John1) was born January 7, 1791 in Lee, Oneida County, New York; and died December 13, 1880 in Southport, Chemung County, New York. He married (1) LUCRETIA NEWMAN 1814; (2) LUCRETIA FOOTE in Windsor, Broome County, New York; d. Iowa.|
|Notes for EPHRAIM ROBBINS:
Military Service: War of 1812 - PVT, Capt. Benj. Rudd's Co., NY Militia.
1824: Arrived in Caton, Steuben Co., NY (A pioneer of Caton).
1850 census: Colesville, Broome Co., NY.
1860 census: Washington Township, Buchanan Co., IA - Ephram Robbins.
1870 census: Southport, Chemung Co., NY, living with son Gideon's family - Ephram Robins.
1880 census: Southport, Chemung Co., NY, a boarder in the home of Martha Miller.
Cause of Death: Old Age.
Burial: Gregory - Wilkins Cemetery, Caton, Steuben Co., NY (Next to his first wife, NO MARKER).
On August 27, 2013, word was received from the Caton Town Clerk reporting she was unable to locate any record of Ephraim being buried in Gregory - Wilkins Cemetery. She further stated, it may be his burial was simply not recorded or equally possible he was laid to rest elsewhere. Until it can be documented where Ephraim was laid, a tombstone cannot be ordered. So, if anyone can document the resting place of Ephraim, please provide me with the documentation. I am maintaining Gregory - Wilkins Cemetery as his resting place (citing his obituary) until such time another location is proved to be the site of his interment.
- GIDEON ROBBINS, b. 1816, Oneida County, New York; m. LOVINA ?.
Notes for GIDEON ROBBINS:
- Alternate Birth: 1818.
- Occupation: Carpenter.
Notes for LOVINA ?:
- 1900 census: Corning, Steuben Co., NY, (widowed) Head of Household, 6 children born to this mother, 2 still living.
Notes for GIDEON ROBBINS and LOVINA ?:
REV., JAMES NEWMAN ROBBINS.
DAVID B. ROBBINS, b. 1822, New York; d. Civil War; m. CATHARINE M. BICKLE, b. 1818, Pennsylvania; d. November 5, 1884 (aged 65 years, 8 months).
- 1860, 1870, 1880 census: Southport, Chemung Co., NY.
- See Alvin Stilson.
Notes for DAVID B. ROBBINS:
- Occupation: 1860, Farm Laborer.
- Military Service: Civil War - PVT, 143rd NY Inf., Co. D.
Notes for CATHARINE M. BICKLE:
- This person also reported as Catherine Buckle; Catharine Bickali.
- Burial: Millerton Cemetery, Millerton, Tioga Co., PA
Notes for DAVID B. ROBBINS and CATHARINE M. BICKLE:
MARY ROBBINS, b. 1823.
1850 census: Jackson, Tioga Co., PA.
- 1860 census: Lansing, Tompkins Co., NY.
Notes for MARY ROBBINS:
FRANCIS ROBBINS, b. 1826; d.1906; m. LUCY S. TITUS 1849, daughter of John Titus and Lucy ?; b. February 1824, d. January 23, 1908.
- 1850 census: Caton, Steuben Co., NY, living with her brother James' family.
Notes for FRANCIS ROBBINS:
Notes for LUCY S. TITUS:
- Alternate Death: 1901 (tombstone).
- Cause of Death: Froze to death as a result of the woodstove going out.
- Burial: West Windsor Cemetery, W. Windsor, Broome Co., NY.
Notes for FRANCIS ROBBINS and LUCY S. TITUS:
JOHN E. ROBBINS, b. April 14, 1836, Caton, Steuben County, New York; d. September 14, 1909, Cherokee County, Iowa; m. (1) ANGIE R. STANNARD; d. July 12, 1887, Ruthven, Palo Alto County, Iowa; (2) SARAH RAMSEY; d. June 18, 1895; (3) LAURA ANTOINETTE JOHNSTON, September 1896, Mossy Glen (South Corning), Steuben County, New York.
- 1860 census: Windsor, Broome Co., NY.
- 1880 census: Town of Kirkwood, Broome Co., NY.
- 1900 census: Binghamton, Broome Co., NY, living with son Nelson's family.
- See George Riley Johnston.
Notes for JOHN E. ROBBINS:
- Occupation: Farmer; 1900, Carpenter.
- 1850 census: Colesville, Broome Co., NY, living with parents.
- 1860 census: Washington Township, Buchanan Co., IA, living with parents.
- Military Service: Civil War - PVT, 20th IA Inf., Co., F.
- Enlisted: August 2, 1862, Marion, Linn Co., IA.
- Discharged: February 28, 1865, New Orleans, LA.
- Pension Certificate Number: 783787.
Notes for JOHN E. ROBBINS and LAURA ANTOINETTE JOHNSTON:
- 1900 census: Corning, Steuben Co., NY.