Provided by: Ruth T. Osterhoudt
Frank Adelbert "Hank" Taylor
| FRANK ADELBERT "HANK" TAYLOR (George3, Ebenezer2, Orrin1) was born January 23, 1896 in Corning, Steuben County, New York and died June 30, 1982 in Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland. He married (1) HILMA MATILDA CARLSON March 1917 in Corning, Steuben County, New York; (2) LUCILLE F. NARUSS in Berkeley, Norfolk County, West Virginia; born November 5, 1901 and died June 20, 1985, Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland.|
|Notes for FRANK ADELBERT "HANK" TAYLOR:
1900, ~1905, 1910 census: Corning, Steuben Co., NY - Henry Mundy.
Another 1910 census states Frank living with father & stepmother Josephine.
All of Frank's descendants called him "Pappy".
Occupation: Stationary Engineer for New York Central Railroad; 1938 - 1969, Head Engineer for the U.S. Dept. of Interior.
Cause of Death: Emphysema.
Burial: July 3, 1982, Ft. Lincoln Cemetery, Brentwood, Prince George's Co., MD.|
After the death of his mother, Frank was raised by Charles W. & Anna May Mundy. Frank is listed as "Henry" in the 1900 census as an "adopted son". This is where he obtained the nickname Hank. In the 1905 and 1910 census "Henry" is listed as "son" of Charles & Anna Mundy. Any adoption of Frank or any of his siblings never took place because their father wouldn't allow it. (Ruth T. Osterhoudt)
|Notes for FRANK ADELBERT "HANK" TAYLOR and HILMA MATILDA CARLSON:
1920, ~1930 census: Corning, Steuben Co., NY.|
|Children of FRANK ADELBERT "HANK" TAYLOR and HILMA MATILDA CARLSON:|
- RUTH ANITA TAYLOR, b. April 14, 1918, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio; d. January 18, 2011, Horseheads, Chemung County, New York (Elcor Health Services); m. JAMES SIDNEY OSTERHOUDT, SR., September 23, 1948, Corning, Steuben County, New York, son of Howard Osterhoudt and Ruby Young; b. July 17, 1928, Westfield, Tioga County, Pennsylvania; d. March 31, 1999, Elkland, Tioga County, Pennsylvania (at home).
- Notes for RUTH ANITA TAYLOR:
- 1920, ~1930 census: Corning, Steuben Co., NY, living with parents.
- Upon marriage became Ruth Taylor Osterhoudt.
- Social Security Number: 118-01-7056 (NY).
- Occupation: Inspector for Corning Glass Works.
- Cause of Death: Cancer.
- Burial: January 26, 2011, Oldfield Cemetery, Ferenbaugh, Steuben Co., NY.
FLORENCE LAURA TAYLOR.
THEODORE ORRIN "TEDDY" TAYLOR, b. August 18, 1927, Corning, Steuben County, New York; August 18, 1927, Corning, Steuben County, New York (aged a few hours).
- Notes for JAMES SIDNEY OSTERHOUDT, SR.:
- Alternate Birth: July 16, 1928 (SSDI).
- ~1930 census: Elkland, Tioga Co., PA, living with parents - James Osterhought.
- m. (2) Lucille K. ?.
- Social Security Number: 166-20-0830 (PA).
- Occupation: Thatcher Glass.
- Burial: Maple Grove Cemetery, Horseheads, Chemung Co., NY (Sec. O).
Notes for THEODORE ORRIN "TEDDY" TAYLOR:
|Notes for LUCILLE F. NARUSS:
Frank's descendants called her "Mother".
Social Security Number: 579-09-8613 (DC).
Residence at Death: Hagerstown, Washington Co., MD.
Burial: Ft. Lincoln Cemetery, Brentwood, Prince George's Co., MD.|
Join the Ancestral Archives Society today!
If you came to visit by way of a search engine or find yourself in another's frames, please visit the entire Ancestral Archives site!